Thursday, January 5, 2012

Word of 2012

Kelly Rae Roberts is n inspiration. Somehow she manages to run a very successful creative business while being the mother of an adorable toddler boy, daughter and wife. She spends considerable time teaching and sharing via her e courses and blog. I've learned so much from her. I'm in awe of her energy. Love her words and thoughts.

On her blog she has posted her word for 2012. INNOVATE.
"Innovation means creative thinking, trying on new ways of considering everything and turning every thought upside down, sideways, and so on until an aha hits, until an idea emerges, until inspiration fosters movement."
I don't know about you, but I find this to be a wonderful thought for 2012. It reminds me that it is okay to return to a problem, idea or design over and over, worrying it like a dog with a bone. I don't know which time I will find that aha thought. And often it is not a mega-watt light bulb moment, but a lighting of flickering votives lighting the way, leading to movement.

So I'm going to make INNOVATE one of my words of 2012. This excites me. I think it is a good inspiration for business planning and clothing designing.

What word will you use as a guide in 2012?

Don't forget to go to my new Annarella Girl facebook page. You could be the proud winner of an Annarella Girl headband if you like me and/or comment.

No comments: