Friday, January 27, 2012

Cruising the Hills of Central Texas

I fel like I've been away so long. Now I am faced with catching up with both paper work and sewing. But before I buried myself in my to do list, here's a brief recap of what I've been doing.

Out-of-town company arrived last Saturday. We spent all that day around the kitchen table talking, laughing, eating and drinking. It was so good to catch up. When you haven't seen someone for awhile, there is that fleeting moment when you register how looks have changed, but as soon as the mouth opens the voice erases all the differences. It comes flooding back why you liked these people so much and how much you still have in common. And by golly, we all unage!

Sunday, a football day, we visited Salado where I found some inspiration for a new group of colors to work on. Can't wait to get started. Then my son, J, and family shared dinner and memories with all. That is, in between kick-offs.

For the next two days we cruised the Hill Country. Up and down, through Burnet, Marble Falls, Llano, Johnson City, Fredericksburg and Luckenbach, laughing and eating all the way. Cooper's BarBQue, The Bluebonnet Cafe, and German food in Fredericksburg. Found more things to laugh about and a few places to explore. Really enjoyed seeing the LBJ ranch. If you ever get the chance its an interesting visit.

Last full day home to Georgetown. Tried a brand new place 50/50 where we munched on haomemade chips dribbled with cheese, tomato, and spices. A definite repeat!!! And finished off on Thurs. morning with breakfast at the Monument Cafe.

Themes - laughter and eating, eating and laughter. Not sure what we did more of. (Sorry I haven't included the websites of all the great places we visited. Trying to make this fast.) Really looking forward to our next rendevous in San Antonio mid-February.

Now, forward to tie up loose ends and then create new!

No comments: