Thursday, July 29, 2010
I just keep running out of time. Bear with me.
In the meantime take a peek at news at tysonskross.com and atmagnoliasend. Then maybe you all can write your thoughts.
See you tomorrow.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
So here is my list. I put it out in no particular order but with the hope you maybe can connect with one or two. Or let me know what your favorites are.
1. Shirley Valentine - as a woman growing up in the beginnings of the woman's movement this film holds special relevance for me. The story of finding courage to change and love held me in thrall - oh the possibilities!
2. The Commitments - Irish soul. Magnificent sound track!
3. A Chorus Line - not sure why I love this but everytime I see it is playing on TV I find myself sinking into the story and dance. Hold onto the dream!
4. Little Women (1949) - this was the first movie I remember seeing. I fell in love with the characters, Meg, boyish Jo, gentle Beth and Amy. What a strong cast it had. Elizabeth Taylor, June Allyson, Janet Leigh, Margaret O"Brien and Peter Lawford. It's, also, good fun to watch the 1933 version with Katherine Hepburn as Jo. Alternately, I read all of Louisa May Alcott's books over and over when I was 8 and up. This was my first look at the possibilities for young women. I could be a teacher, a writer , a mother, and a wife. I could have it all!
5. Gone with the Wind - hokey, maudlin and a good cry.
6. To Kill a Mockingbird - eloquent and still relevant.
7. Ferris Bueller's Day Off - don't we all remember a teacher like Ben Stein's character? Silly but filled with authentic coming of age moments and dreams.
There are so many more - Pink Panther, most of the Monty Python movies, ET. and Saving Private Ryan. I could go on and on.
So what movies are special for you?
I've run out of time for today so will write about other blogs tomorrow.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Below is part of the gang at the birthday dinner. What great fun it was to decorate old time style with lots of crepe paper and balloons.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Thanks to all you facebook fellow flyers who posted in the basic tips section. On your advice I used picnik which was fairly easy for the computer challenged me!
I'm going to be tweaking over the next week. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Have a great weekend!!!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Concentration brings the colorful results.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Mrs. Cie of Fonda Photography and mother of this sweet Annarella Girl inquired this AM what fall dresses I was working on. So I decided you all needed an update. So I'm posting some pics of the samples I've got so far. A few, as noted, are in my etsy shop. and available now. Some are still experimental. Thanks, Mrs Cie for the interest. Check out her beautiful photography by clicking on link.
I love this yellow fabric with the black and red birds. Have you noticed how birds are everywhere in prints? I think it makes a great apron dress. I haven't decided how else I'll use it. And wait until you see a cool owl on black fabric I haven't used yet.
Pink is always popular all year long. Love it with brown. Another dress which spans the seasons well. I'll be posting this on my etsy shop shortly. Its a size 6-12 mos.
Black, green with splashes of pinks. (This is already posted in my etsy shop.) Gorgeous! I love mixing black into the smaller sizes. Its a sophisticated color which plays well with toddlers and is a welcome break from the pastels. You could use soooo many colors, pink, black, white, green, for shirts or leggings to wear with this come cool weather. (Yes, someday it will come.)
Last for today, just a teaser of this dress. Black, beige and red. Will look great for the holidays, but not so specific that your girl wouldn't love wearing it all year long. Shown in a size 7.
I hope you've enjoyed this preview. Seems like the fall/winter line is going slow, but I'm still working on summer to fill out the inventory which is selling. Plus my lovely assistants are learning and in next couple of weeks will be up to speed.
While you're looking at lovely photos, see what Sarah Havard is upto. Remember she took my publicity shots. Her logo is in my header and there is a link in the sidebar under favorite artists.
Have a great day. We're expecting rain. Good for the garden, but bad for the drivers. Be safe.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Friday, July 2, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010
No angst today, no philosophising, and no talk about where and how to grow my business. Today I invite you to take a peek in my workroom at a couple of dresses we're working on.
Love the purple and greens accented with a vivid aqua. Reminds me of the colors in summer gardens. On a rainy day these colors and pattterns are a picnic for my eyes. Imagine a girl in a summer meadow picking wild flowers and grasses to give to her grammy. Ahhhh.
This is a little bit darker palette but still summery with warm pinks and grass green. I can imagine with a black tee on a cooler evening. Since we are nearing the 4th of July, my imaginary girl model is running around with a sparkler laughing with sheer delight. Yayyyy.
Can you tell that I'm still playing with paper dolls in my imagination?