Monday, March 19, 2012

Scattered Pieces

I watched the lowest level of clouds this morning scud across the sky. Gray on gray. My mind is doing the same, just a little more jittery. So it skitters from one subject to another. On days like this, it is a comfort to sew. As I piece together the bits of a dress, my mind can skip around from idea to idea. There is a comfort for me in the mundane steps - cutting out, pinning together, top stitching a bodice, gathering a skirt. This is one of those mornings when I want to sew-  not have to sew, need to catch up and sew, have a special order sew. No, I want to sew. My fingers itch to sew. My mind wants to skitter across a landscape of randomness, dreams, and thoughts as I sew.

I make no attempt to put together the scattered pieces that compose my Monday mind..

No comments: