Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Week of the Knee Replacement: Rehab

Friday, husband made the move to a rehabilitation hospital. It was exhausting and painful. New digs are bright, staff is caring, but food is bad. In the name of being healthy it is flavorless. There are few choices. Looks like we'll be taking in some meals. I can't believe it is possible, but they've made my cooking look good.

We don't know how long he will be there. Hopefully not too many days. He needs to be able to get up and down without aid, get dressed with minimal help, and take care of fundamental needs. Hubs is looking forward to reaching these goals.

I'm back in the sewing room for a few hours a day. There have been some inquiries about special orders that I want to get started on. Plus I need to finish off a few new things for "Little Loft." Business is good right now. My creative urges are itching and need scratching.

Updates on rehab will be less frequent now. We've survived the first days; now there is the unglamorous hard work ahead. Lots of little steps to mobility and freedom.

Good Sunday.

No comments: