Saturday, August 18, 2012

August Stroll

Those of you who have been with me for awhile know that after a break from blogging I have to start slow again. Just to get back in the habit I have to compose a piece about nothing. (Hey, I hear you out there. Many of my blogs are about nothing. Ha, ha! But your cynicism doesn't deter me.) So here goes with some of my random thoughts.

I really enjoyed the Olympics.It was a welcome relief from the mean political season to have hours of TV devoted to positive deeds. The games celebrated hardwork, incredible talent and pride. Although it is all about winning, the athlete who strives just to finish is applauded and cheered. I wallowed in the feel good moments and agonized in the disappointments. Even the commercials were up-beat and inspiring. (I loved the planet guy from Dow. I wanted to hug his leafy body and cavort through streets and fields with him.) Forteen days of man's best, I can't wait for the Winter Games of 2014.

But I'm left sad and filled with wondering why our politicians can't campaign with positive messages. So much finger pointing, so little respect for the American people. I dread the next 2 1/2 months.

Enough said for today. Dragging my soapbox back to the closet. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said! The Presidential race is an embarrassment, especially when held up against the Olympics. We have allowed ourselves to accept mediocrity instead of greatness.