Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Saying Goodby

This week before Christmas has found me saying goodby to a good friend, my hairdresser, Bo. She and her husband are striking out on a new life adventure. They are selling most of their wordly possessions and setting off to explore America. How exciting! I can only imagine the wonders they will see, the people they will meet, and what they will learn about themselves. While I am happy for her, I am sad for me. She has been a wise guide for me - full of good insight and advice as I have tiptoed through the changes of the last few years. I will miss our every 6 week get togethers from which I emerged coiffed inside and out.

On a sadder note my daughter's husband's family has lost a beloved uncle. Al has battled cancer for several years. He has enjoyed a good remission, but now he has succumbed. The end has gone fast without too much pain. He has been surrounded by his loving family. What a loving and gentle end. Saying goodby has its sorrow, but he left alot of good memories.

Continuing on the sad my husband's last living maternal aunt is very ill. Elizabeth has been a very constant presence in our lives. Quiet, loving and with a twinkle in her eye she has applauded our successes and shared our joys.
Aunt Elizabeth, I love you and wish you comfort in the coming days. I am a better person for having known you. Thanks.

There is not a good time to say goodby, but from sorrow arises strength.

No comments: