Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Birth of a New Design II

Here it is! The new corduroy jumper being tried by sweet Ava. I'm pleased with the way it fits. She normally wears a size 5, so this being a size 6 is a bit large. The proportions of bodice and ruffle fit the length of the skirt. Not too fussy or frilly so the wearer is overwhelmed, but not too tailored. After all a princess must be able to twirl. Over all I'm vey pleased.


Doesn't it look cute over a solid knit shirt? I found it at Target. It is a simple look. Ava said she was very pleased with it. The remaining question is - pocket or no pocket. I like the simplicity without, but what girl doesn't like a pocket?


Now I'm ready to construct the next one. I've got a few great pieces of corduroy I'm itching to sew up. Sizes will be 3-8. I'll suprise you with a pocket or not.


Hooray!!!




No comments: