Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cold Comforts

How do you keep warm on these frigid days? Here are some of the things that keep me warm.

Soup - today it is chicken noodle. Can't beat mother's comfort. Lots of chicken, medium noodles, carrots, onion, and celery. Having a cup for lunch. Yummy!

Book - snuggled under a throw or blanket with a good book. I'm enjoying a reread of Edna Ferber's "Giant." Being a Texan now, I find more depth and color in her characters and descriptions of landscapes than I ever did when I read it in college.

I miss my dog. If she were still here on a day like today, she would be curled up at my feet. For all who have a furry pet who is willing to share body heat, enjoy!

Sweat shirt and pants - furry socks and soft sweats. Not glamorous but very comfortable. I will not be going out today. In the past when working, I couldn't wait to put on this outfit at the end of the day. Ahhhh.

And, of course, I'm busy in my little sewing room. Wrapped in a coverlet, with machine humming, I am warm. The creative fires toast my toes and hands. Working with sunshine colors remind me that spring will be here soon, or so Puaxetawny Phil says.

No comments: