Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spring Fever


Enjoying a mild case of spring fever. What do you do when you come down with it?


I want to get out of the house. Walk or sit in the sun. My favorite places are by our lovely river, the San Gabriel. Our city has built easy trails to walk along the banks. There are ducks to feed - just a bit, don't want to spoil them. Sometimes I take a sandwich to eat while I watch children run and enjoy the ducks. Alas, my grandchildren are almost too old to accompany me.


Another favorite is to read a book while basking in the warm sun on my back porch. It feels blissfully decadent to laze. I imagine I was a cat in another life searching out sunny spots in which to stretch, groom and finally nap.


Love to get in the car with windows open and music blaring and cruise. Oh, the possibilities of what I might see. I'm that person who points out every cow and horse to my passengers. I have one granddaughter who has made many road trips with me. She's a great travel companion because she humors my love of scenery and livestock. Thanks, Ivy.


And, of course, a treatment for spring fever is an ice cream cone. For me, mint chocolate chip is yummy. Sit out on a bench or stroll looking in shop windows. I highly reccomend Georgetown's Square as a good locale for tranquil people watching while soaking up the sun.


These are ways I embrace spring fever. What do you do to enjoy this break from winter?


No comments: