Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rejection, Dejection

Today I received notice that I was not accepted for a space at the Renegade Craft Fair. Boo hoo! All day I've been going through the various stages of rejection. First disbelief. They didn't turn me down. How could they? Then the sadness. I really wanted to do this show. Imagine crocodile tears here. Turn to a bit of anger. How dare they! Don't they know how unique and special I am? Finally acceptance. No, not into the show, but my realization that they must know what they are doing so I must just deal with the disappointment. So it's been a rollercoaster. Uphill struggle to the downward rush of imagining I might just quit what I'm doing. After all it must not be very good. But finally arriving at the realization that rejection always hurts especially when no reason is specified. Maybe I'm not ready to display with the big guys. No matter. I have 2 good shows this spring. Maybe next year for the Renegade.

All artisans have good moments and bad. We depend on the enthusiasm and acceptance of others for our success. Its never easy to be ignored, passed over or found wanting. Thank heavens for my fans. You keep me going. Love ya.

Tomorrow will be a better day!

1 comment:

susan said...

dear Ellie,
from experience we know the trials and tribulations of jurying a show. and delight of a fabulous show filled with quality artists. we are familiar with both sides of the coin. so to the folks at Renegade I say ... 'shame on you! there is no one with higher quality and cuter things than Annarella Girl.'
do you want me to call them? just saying, I will. I would. I could.
love, your biggest fan