Monday, June 28, 2010

The Why of It




They (the gurus that tell us how to be succesful) say I must be able to answer 3 questions about Annarella Girl. What am I doing? How am I doing it? Why am I doing it?

Easy to respond to the first 2. What? I design and construct dresses, skirts, and accessories for girls ages 6 months to 8 years.

How? Using combinations of cotton fabrics in many colors and patterns I create my own patterns and sew each one for a one of a kind or limited edition clothing line.

and now the why. This is a little harder for me to articulate. When I was a girl, I spent hours playing with paper dolls. I would design clothes for them, color the designs and then cut them out for the dolls to wear in my pretend world. What a lot of joy I got from dressing my dolls.. That's a bit of what I'm doing today except the dolls are living. It feels like play - glorious fun.

I smile when I'm creating. I watch mothers and grandmothers smile when they are selecting a dress for their special girl. Then I'm rewarded by the huge grin of the girl wearing the dress. Its all about the smiles and happiness. That is the uniqueness of my clothes - each is infused with many smiles.


So the why is the joy these happy clothes create in my world and beyond. Each garment carries a smile! Each item is made with the spirit of joy. And what little girl doesn't want a smile?


No comments: