Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Flying


For the next month I'm taking an e-course to learn how to grow my business. Its given by Kelly Rae Roberts artist, author and mentor. She has built a huge business with her inspiring art work through trial and error. Now she has decided to share her expertise with this e-course. So far I've just scratched the surface az I signed up late so now have to catch up, but she has given me much to think about.


First up - FEARS. For all of us who work in solitude to translate what we imagine in our heads to our hands, there are many fears. Will anyone understand what I'm doing? Will anyone care what I'm doing? Will anyone buy what I'm doing? How do I market my goods? How do I build a business? AM I GOOD ENOUGH!


Kelly Rae reminds me that these fears are shared by many creative people as they start out. Having written them down, helps me move beyond them. And she shares this wonderful quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.


These are inspiring words reminding me to move forward learning as I go one step at a time. Set goals. Have faith in my talent. Dare to dream.


I'll keep you posted on what I'm learning. Meanwhile check out Kelly Rae Roberts. See what she does.

1 comment:

jennwhite said...

Thank you for that quote. I have printed it out and stick it on my computer and on Sophie's mirror! Can't wait to hear more about your e -class....