Thursday, June 10, 2010

Me and My Blog


Today I'm thinking about my blog. In the e-course, Flying Lessons, Kelly Rae Rpberts has spent a lot of time talking about the importance of an internet presence for the growth of a creative business. (Aside- love the term creative business.) At a minimum my business should include a blog, a website and facebook. Well, I have all 3, but I'm not using them very wisely.This is something I already knew but was unsure how to better my internet tools. I have some ideas now. Do you mind if I use you as my sounding board?


First my blog - I have been doing this for about 2 years. There are a few of you who are regular readers - thanks!!!! - but not as many followers as I'd like. All the experts say to be myself. Act like I'm chatting at my kitchen table with a good friend. I've been trying to do that and will continue to try harder. But here come those fears talked about yesterday. 1. I must be boring 2. I must be a bad communicator 3. My thoughts and observations are not focused.


I do care passionately about my business. For the first time in my life after children I love what I'm doing and find it soul satisfying. I'm challenged to build this business into a monetarily satisfying one. I'm scared. I've made some mistakes. And I'm sure there are more to come. I want this blog to reflect all of that. What clothes I'm working on; what fabrics I've fallen in love with; what is inspiring me; where I am in my goals.


Can you stand it as I ramble? Will you read me regularly? No, check back every once in a while to see how I'm doing. If you answer yes, please recommend me to your friends. Any suggestions about how I can improve or what random thoughts you connect with, put it in the comments.
Bye for now!!!


No comments: