Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Winter Sunday

 
 
This morning brings on a sunny start, but coooold. (Any temperature in the 30's qualifies as very cold here.) At least no rain.

Much to the dog's disgust I don't do a whole lot of walking in frigid weather. Despite my ample insulation, I don't like the cold. I want to curl up under a blanket and move as little as possible. My meals include a lot of my comfort foods. Nothing hugs warm comfort like casseroles. Why don't men like casseroles? Is it because they can't identify all the ingredients? Or maybe because they are easy? Or because they make great leftovers, and the men know they will be seeing them again and again? and I like them for all of those reasons!

What are your favorite foul weather foods? Soups? Meat and potatoes? Stews? I could exist happily during our cold snaps on chicken noodle soup, meat and rice or noodle casseroles, chili (especially with corn bread) and warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. How about you?

No comments: