Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Man with a Plan


My grandkids continue to be fodder for my blog. Jack, a second grader, has come up with his life plan. (Not sure what precipitated this conversation with his parents.) First he is going to work at MacDonalds until he gets fired. (Don't know why (What do you suppose he has heard about working at Mickey D's? I wish I knew the back story to this comment.) Then he is going to be a doctor. Finally he will work at Lego Land. Not a bad plan.


Don't you love a man with a plan? Let's not squash his enthusiasm with what happens with the "best laid plans...etc." Seems to me he has allowed for mixing work and fun. First mindless, mind numbing work, then an interesting career followed by a job that incorporates something he loves with pay. Way to go, Jack.


I'm lucky enough to be in the stage where I am combining a passionate hobby with some money-making. Life is good. Unlike Jack, I didn't plan it. I just kind of stumbled on to it. Until 4 years ago I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up. (There have been a lot of different jobs in my life, teacher, mother, retailer, etc, most of which I have found challenging but satisfying.) Even though I'll be 67 next month, I'm not sure if I'm grown up, but for now I'm enjoying every day I get to create Annarella Girl clothes. The business end is a constant mind-stretching exercise. Mixing fabrics, colors and patterns is a soul satisfying occupation. I'll say it again, life is good.

In central Texas we are watching spring creep in. Lawns are greening, and trees are budding. I caught a glimpse of a flowering tree this week. Wildflowers are soon to show their glory. I've written about it before but indulge me again. Spring green - the tender, fresh, bright green - is my favorite color. I love mixing it in the clothes. Hello, spring!

1 comment:

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

spring is sneaking upon us in Tennessee ... but the late cold is not far behind!