Thursday, February 23, 2012

Crying Goodbye

Tears well silently from my eyes as I cry for the death of a beloved aunt Elizabeth. She is the last of a generation on my husband's side. A part of my life for 55 years, I weill miss her as will all her children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, grandnieces and grandnephews. She was special.

Actually I mourn for myself, selfessly. I mourn for my loss. I mourn for the loss of possibilities. It's been 10 months since I've seen her, and she was in good health then. So that was my last hug, my last grin, my last conversation. And now there is no more possibility for more. I am sad.

Welcome me into your home one more time. Give me a warm hug and smile one more time. Share a reminiscence one more time. Let me see the sparkle in your eyes one more time. You were such a lady with few mean words ever. From the generation of "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all,." by example you urged us to be better people. We had many laughs together sharing family silliness. You enveloped us in a gentle love.

I will miss you. I hope I can honor your spirit by living my best life with love, laughter and peace as you did. Goodbye.

No comments: