Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sew Much to Do; Sew Little Time



The title sums up my life right now. The Red Poppy Festival takes place this weekend. Make plans to come. Great entertainment starting Friday night as some of the arts and crafts vendors ar setting up. Check out the official site http://www.redpoppyfestival.com/ for times, events and entertainment line-up. A great party put on by the city of Georgetown., and all free. MamaDs and Annarella Girl are on 7th St across just east of Main.



Working frantically to get ready. Sewing, of course, but there is a lot of odds and ends to do to get displays and handouts ready. Just trying to keep focused and mark items off my to do list.

Ten days after Red Poppy I start my journey east for the Wilmington Flower Market. Leaving a bit early so husband and I can stop in New York City to visit my son, Tyson Skross, and wife, Allyson Smith, who are now living in Brooklyn chasing their dream to be established artists. (I'm so proud of them for taking on this challenge!) They are so good and deserve more regonition. I can't wait to see where they are living and what they are doing. As a mom I need to know their surroundings so when I'm thinking of them I have a framework for visualization.

While I'll be on the road I will still have some things at the Good Water Gallery, 704 S Austin Ave, on the square in Georgertown. Here are some pictures of our, Mama D and me, space there. I think Jenny D has done a wonderful job of creating a warm, casual look.





Sew, a busy time, and I'm loving it. Hope to see a lot of you soon.

No comments: