Monday, April 4, 2011

Homage to the Seam Ripper


Monday morning and on my third session with my seam ripper. Taking out mistakes. Why does one garment present so many problems? Seems like I can sew tons of pieces without a problem, and then, bam, one comes along where I make mistake after mistake. So it goes this morning. Luckily I have my trusty seam ripper. When I'm teaching someone to sew, I introduce the seam ripper as "your best friend." It makes life so much easier. It allows me to take out and repair errors so much easier.


So simple to use. Place the point under the errant stitch, pull up and cut thread. Repeat until all the wrongs are gone.


Wouldn't it be super if all our mistakes could have a simple instument which would make them right? What our world needs now is a giant seam ripper.

No comments: