Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday and Thursday @ Mama Ds


Every Tues. and Thurs. finds me at Mama Ds retail and work space. Tucked into a tiny kitchen in a red historic bungalow, I'm there to greet people who come to shop or pick up special orders. To be frank I'm not very busy with walk-in customers. We're a bit off the beaten track. But this is not wasted time because I am busy sewing. For instance today I'm finishing up a sundress in size 5. Then starting a romper in size 12-18 months. So it is productive time there.

If you're around Georgetown, stop in and see me. Take a peek at what I'm working on. Look at all the handbags, bibs, burp cloths, dresses, skirts, headbands. Or pick out fabrics for your custom order. Mama Ds and Annarella Girl love working on special orders. We take great pride in the quality of our workmanship. Everything is made to be used and loved. Since parenthood is enough of a challenging gig, we want you to be able to relax with the easy care of what we make, but at the same time be proud of how beautiful everything is.

You don't need to be buying to stop in and see me. Just say hello. Mama Ds is at 407 West University Ave, Geogetown, Texas. Although I'm there only on Tues and Thurs 11-4, the store is open from Tues. through Sat 11-4. If you're making a special trip to see our space, call 512-845-4042 to make sure someone is there. Jennifer D has 3 children and is sometimes called away from her time at the store to care for sick kids. Such is the nature of small creative businesses. Sometimes families take precedent.

Off to sew. See you at Mama Ds.

No comments: