Friday, October 12, 2012

Randomness

Many thoughts; little time.

Had a fun Wednesday this week. My 3 Georgetown grandchildren went with me to see "Frankenweenie," Tim Burton's new movie. What a chuckle. It is jam packed full of horror film references, some blatant and others subtle. My favorite character was Sparky. He was so full of life and loving wagging like the dog in my house. Can't wait to buy the kids the DVD when it is released. I couldn't believe that they knew every Tim Burton movie and liked them all. My grandkids are a hoot!!!

Tonight is the reception for the juried art show from Georgetown Art Works. This show just gets better and better each year. Come join the fun with food, drink and artists from 6-8 at the library. The organisers are all volunteer and have worked very hard to mount a good show. If you can't make the opening reception, you can take in the show whenever the library and other venues are open. For the first time there is a student show at the Williamson County Museum. They have a special get together on Saturday.

Next week I'm joining a couple of long time friends to unwind. A time to catch up with our lives. A time to do niothing. Doesn't sound too exciting to my husband and kids, but to other women they understand. Doing nothing when you want and with who you want is sooo special. So excuse my distraction as I eagerly anticipate a few days of R&R.

See you all tonight!! If not, wishing you a good weekend.

No comments: