Sunday, June 26, 2011

Imagine

I've been spending a lot of time sewing which means I've been spending a lot of time thinking. A lot of my thoughts are self-indulgent dribble with a touch of whine. so I've refrained from sharing them or rather boring you, my readers, with the high pitched repetition of endless pity. Where am I going? What do I have to say? Where do I belong?




Thankfully. in between, the useless questions I've had a few useful moments. I'd like to thank my father for his constant urging to not take myself to seriously. (He saw this unproductive tendancy in me at a very early age.) When I get mired down in my questions, get heavy with my thoughts, I hear his words and surface. Surface to a world where all is possible, much is positive and imagination roams free. "What ifs" are an elixir which feeds my creativity. What if I put this fabric with that one? What if I made this apron fuller? What if I attached a skirt to a onesie? What if I made a headband for babies? Ahha!



Then this am I find my son, T's latest blog post. (Don't know why it shows as 2 months old on my list, but I'll work on fixing that later.) "Sluppy lines" - lines of, to, in imagination. In wonderful pictures and with short lines of dialogue, he sings of the imagination. How important it is. The varied places it can take us. It lifts the mundane to the magical. It feeds creativity. It makes us smile. It makes us think. Love his pictures and thoughts. He expresses with clarity what I wish I could say so simply. Step over and look at his pics www.tysonskross.com Share your thoughts with him. share where your imagination takes you with both of us.

Below is one of my flight of fancies for this week. From the raw fabric delivered to my door



to the sundress for an adorable toddler.


Imagine....

1 comment:

Shelby and Bev said...

the sundress is beautiful, i love the color and pattern combinations that you chose...
yes, imagination is a wonderful thing...