Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A touch of sunshine

On a blah day I love to jumpy on etsy and see what pretties the handcrafted world is showing. If you've never been on etsy, it has goods of all kinds from jewelry to baked goods to clothes to art. It is a fun place to visit. And it is a very good thing to support artisans.

Today I was just noodling around looking for things with a spot of yellow in continuation of my theme this week of chasing away winter. Here are some things that intrigued and pleased me.



A print to brighten your little one's room from Modern Pop. I believe in surrounding children with interesting prints on their walls. This one will become a family treasure to be passed to future grandchildren.





This stoneware bowl by glentypottery will make a sunny way to eat your morning cereal. I love the smooth, sensual gleam of the bowl. Pottery is a low cost way to give your table interest.



This charming art print, "Quail," comes from studio lyon. Matte it and add a simple frame for a pop of color anywhere. (Keep the frame simple so that the print is the focus.)

How about a splash of personal sunshine. Coryell Designs? The stone is oro-verde quartz. Looks like lemon chiffon.Last, a splash of red on a butter colored pillow by Insaneity. A bit of pizazz for a chair or on the bed. This is handpainted so it costs slightly more than anything else I've shown. But it is unique, and I love it!

So if you're looking for a way to brighten your spaces, browse etsy. Suppot the hand=made community.

1 comment:

Studio Lyon said...

Thanks so much for featuring my "Quail!" :)