Friday, April 3, 2009

It's been a long time

Wow! I took 6 weeks off from blogging. At times I missed it and mentally talked to all of you, but mostly there has been so much going on in my life I just haven't had extra time.

Annarella, the store, has closed. Annarella Home, the design studio, continues. Annarella Girl, the custom clothing line, has been born.

The back story - for 8 years, Pamela and I created a retail experience that combined top design ideas and furniture for all your interiors (Pamela) with art and unique gifts (Ellie). while business grew and expanded with the aid of our great customers, last year the tightening economy began to be noticed. I decided that I no longer had the passion and energy necessary to run my part.

Pamela is and will continue her design business, Annarella Home. she is accepting new clients and continues with many ongoing projects. Spread the word that she is available with her exceptional talent for creating the look and feel you deserve in your home or office. Her contact information remains the same as the old Annarella info. Now I am working for her - manning the phones and sitting at the reception desk.

I'm plunging ahead with Annarella Girl. This spring I am attending 3 arts and crafts shows. I look forward to talking to everyone and getting feedback which will help me decide if I want to keep this as a small hobby or begin the process of growing a new business. So stop in and see me at the Bloomin Fest in Lampasas this Sat, April 4; next weekend Fri - Sun, April 10-12 at the Bluebonnet Festival in Burnet; and May 7-9, Thurs thru Sat, the Wilmington Flower Market in Wilmington Delaware. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people and hearing what they think of my sundresses, skirts and new tee shirts.

So that's what we've been upto here. I've discovered that closing a business is very unexciting and sad. There have been quite a few pity parties held although I seem to be alone in my attendance. What I am enjoying after all these years in retail is having a more relaxed schedule since the design studio is only open from Tues thru Sat currently. and as I take my dresses on the road even those hours will be altered so it's best to call or email ahead.

I'll let you all know how my shows are going and will keep you up-to-date on new fabrics and designs. Old email still works but I do have a new one also.

It's good to be back!

No comments: