Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring Fecer



For the last week I've been in a very peculiar mood. I couldn't concentrate on any task. Even though I would start each morning with a full-to-do list by midday I seemed to lose my motivation. Finally today i realized what is going on. I have a giant case of SPRING FEVER.

It hasn't hit me like this since my college days at the University of Delaware in Newark. When spring would hit around the time for mid-term exams and papers, and instead of buckling down at the libary to do research i'd find myself wandering down the Mall with an ice cream cone in hand just breathing in the fresh air. Revelling in the greens of spring and the sound of fellow students laughing at play with a frisbee or football.
We've had a little rain so the new grass is coming up. A few of the trees have started flowering. Our days have been in the 80's. And I don't want to do any of those things that I am suppose to be doing. Yes, this is a classic case of spring fever.
Spring Fever -definition- a listless, lazy or restless feeling associated with the beginning of spring.

So forgive my absence for the rest of today, I'm off to play.

No comments: