Monday, July 21, 2008

Why Blob or (subtitle) Frustration

So I'm trying to blog. Why? Well, I started several months ago exploring the blogging world. There are some excellent bloggers out there. I am in awe of them. The one that really hooked me in was poppytalk. Out of Canada and posting multiple times in a day about interesting new products, artist interviews, and hosting a monthly marketplace for crafters, this is always a fun blog to visit. She stays current and works hard to let her audience know the latest in design and craft. There are a whole host of blogs out there with a similar theme as poppytalk, but she seems to be consistently the best. When I create my blog list which is next on my to-do list, I'll add the rest of the design blogs that I like.

Then I found the blog of a children's author right here in nearby Austin, Liz Garton Scanlon. Her blog talks about her writing process and her family. I love the mix of personal insights, joys and frustrations. This is a great example of the type of blogs that are a personal sharing that touch on the universals of family, creativity and womanhood. There are a ton of this type out there, so when I create my list I'll share some of my favorites.

My frustration comes from reading these wonderful blogs and then having my moments of doubt whether I have anything worthwhile to add to the increasingly crowded world of blogs. But for now I'll turn off my inner voice and flow. If someone listens, great. I am entering the on ramp of the information highway.

No comments: