Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Neglectful


I feel like I've neglected you all thia week. I don't have a good reason. I've just been moving slow and slower. Must be fall fever. LOL.


Last week I talked about how I didn't really like autumn, but in the spirit of trying to be postitive I must note that there are some delights in the fall. Crunchy, tasty apples. I especially like homemade applesauce and apple crisp. Both smelling of cinnamon and combining the tart/sweet taste of good apples. Now this is a fall treat. Anyone else love fall apples? And what is your favorite way to consume them?


Another fall treat is the crisp air which accents the first smell of a burning fireplace. How delighful to step out the door and catch the scent of smoke from those first fires. Since we're still in the 80's & 90's I'll probably have to wait awhile, but I'll be thinking of you northerners who get to enjoy it now.


And finally I have some family birthdays to mark in the fall. Two of my kids and one of their spouses celebrate birthdays in the autumn. That alone makes this time of year special. There I feel better now. Thanks for letting me ramble.

No comments: