Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm in Love

Yes, I'm in love with a wonderful dress and the Annarella girl that will wear it. I've been working on a new design for fall and winter. A 3 tier dress. Why the tiers? So that it twirls. When a girl puts on a pretty dress, they invariably twirl. So I decided to make one that had more twirl. But the trick is that it not have too much fabric so it hangs heavily when not in motion. I think I've found the right proportion.
And the palette. Vibrant, saturated colors. Makes for a bold dress. I've made up several different combinations using the new fabrics. So far this is my favorite - blue, orange, green. It is a vivid dress for a vivacious girl.
So here is a sneak peek. What do you think? I've lots more fabric choices and palettes to experiment with.

front

back

No comments: