Thursday, November 6, 2008

Too many projects, not enough time

I can't believe that I haven't blogged since Oct 19. I've missed you all. But I've been trying to complete several projects, and there just isn't enough time. I know many of you can empathize with me.

First I'm almost finished with an online store. What a stretch for my elder brain!!! But I'm determined to have it up and operational by mid-week. When it does go public, I'll send out fireworks in celebration. The store will have some of our most popular items. It has been fun picking them out and photographing them. My huge thanks to Lauryl for the pics.

Tomorrow is November First Friday. Traditionally that is our kick-off of the holiday season here at Annarella. It has been frantic here as Pamela, Emily and Mindy have done a major redo of our floor - moving furniture into different rooms. Then they had to get all the new merchandise out. More about what's come in on a later post. Finally everything has to be decorated for the holidays. I'm in awe at hopw much they have accomplished in this week. Wait til you see how pretty we look. Pictures will be next week.

I did my first trunk show with the dresses from Hugs From Mimi. It was a great success. So whenever I wasn't on the computer these last weeks, I was at my sewing machine. What fun it has all been. This Saturday I'll be at Second Saturday Market Days with more dresses and stuff from Annarella, like the Lux candles, Victoria Miller necklaces and more. I'm sharing space with MAry Louise Poquette who has wonderful hand knit scarves and bead jewelry. Come by to see the goodies.

We have a new art show starting First Friday - Small Pleasures & Quiet Moments. These small works on paper are from Carol Hayman, photographer; Cathie Kayser, printmaker; and Anna Marie Pavlik, printmaker. Artist reception is from 6-8pm. In the next weeks I'll be posting interviews by all 3 ladies. They are very accomplished and extremely interesting. (This is another" more to come" post.)

I can see I have much to catch up on. But for now I hope to see you all this weekend. (I'm posting now without proofing. An apology for all the typos and mistakes, I'm sure I have made!)

No comments: